Alcohol IBA Courses (Oxfordshire)
9th December 2021 09.30-13.30
Mark Holmes and Angela Calcan from DrinkCoach will be delivering the following Alcohol IBA sessions via Zoom:
- Thursday 9th December, 9:30-1:30pm https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/oxfordshire-alcohol-identification-brief-advice-training-tickets-163358592949
- Thursday 13th January, 9:30-1:30pm https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/oxfordshire-alcohol-identification-brief-advice-training-tickets-163361080389
What is Alcohol IBA
- IBA is a simple but effective ‘brief intervention’ for people whose alcohol use may be harmful to their health without them often realising.
Who is the training for?
- The training is suitable for health professionals or any front line roles working in Oxfordshire.
By completing an IBA training course, participants will have developed an understanding of:
- Alcohol use and harms
- Understanding your role in IBA
- Delivery of IBA to reduce risky or harmful alcohol use
- Knowing how and when to refer someone to services
- Key engagement and motivational skills
Please note that due to high rates of non-attendance there is a no show/cancellation within 48 hours fee of £50. The sessions are very popular and operate a long waitlist. If you are unable to attend, please give ample notice and formally cancel your booking via Eventbrite to allow someone else to join the session. Thank you for your understanding.