CPPE Mental Health & Wellbeing Study Day
3rd March 2019 09:45 - 16:45
Holiday Inn High Wycombe, Handy Cross, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP11 1TL
Expert Speaker – Camilla Sowerby
CPPE Tutor – Ian Dunphy
This mental health and wellbeing study day focuses on common mental health conditions seen in primary care. It will enable you to support patients with a mental health condition to optimise their medicines. The study day will combine principles of team-based learning (TBL) to facilitate networking and discussion whilst consolidating the underpinning knowledge about antidepressants, benzodiazepines and z-hypnotics. Teams will work through simple and more complex case studies to apply knowledge and share best practice
On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
- explain how mental health conditions can impact on patients and their carers and the key priorities for maintaining good mental health
- outline drug and non-drug management for depression
- apply national guidelines, referral criteria and evidence-informed decision-making on depression to patient care in general practice
- develop a plan to improve safety and quality for benzodiazepine and z-drugs prescribing in general practice
- identify strategies for supporting patients to reduce or stop benzodiazepines and z-drugs.
To book your place on this workshop, log in to your account at www.cppe.ac.uk or book by phone by calling 0161 778 4000.