Dementia Evening – Oxford
24th June 2015 18:30 - 21:00
The Oxford Hotel, Godstow Road, Oxford OX2 8AL
On the evening of 24th June we will be holding a free Dementia Training Session as part of the HELP Project.
Details are as follows:
Date: Wednesday 24th June
Time: 18:30 to 21:00 (Registration and fork buffet from 18:30-19:30, CPPE presentation from 19:30)
Venue: The Oxford Hotel, Godstow Road, Oxford OX2 8AL
All members of the pharmacy team are welcome to attend, however numbers are limited so please email me to book your place.
Aim of the workshop:
The workshop will enable you to provide support and advice for carers and people with dementia. By becoming a Dementia Friend you’ll join over 1 million people who have already committed to making a difference to the lives of those with dementia.
By the end of the session you should be able to:
• identify carers in your practice and know the type of roles they undertake
• describe the challenges that carers face and the support they may require
• explain where to signpost people to, locally and nationally, for further support
• state the five key messages about dementia and commit to being a Dementia Friend
• create an action plan for how you are going to improve the service in your pharmacy for carers and people with dementia