Using Antibacterials Wisely campaign
5th November 2015 7.30pm - 9.00pm
The pharmacy team plays an essential role in the stewardship of antibacterials. To support your team and raise awareness of the European Antibiotic Awareness Day (EAAD) on the 18 November, CPPE are running their annual ‘Use Antibacterials Wisely’ national campaign.
CPPE are running two e-workshops to support pharmacy team members engage in this campaign and apply their learning in their workplace. Places are strictly limited and should be prioritised to those who will champion this campaign in the workplace.
Using Antibacterials Wisely e-workshops 7.30pm to 9pm Thursday 5th November
To register go to: www.cppe.ac.uk/e-workshops and click on the date to register.
This online antibacterials workshop focuses on the role of the pharmacy team in the stewardship of antibacterials.
Although loosely based on the Antibacterials Focal Point workshop, there will be elements of other learning materials and online resources – making this an ideal ‘refresher’ for those who have already attended the FP workshop….and a holistic learning experience for those who haven’t.
We will discuss everything from the five different antimicrobial agents to the practical issues around appropriate antibacterial use. We will also look at everything from antimicrobial guidelines to where you can access the latest online resources and information – there is something for everyone!
Have a look at the free antibiotic guardian campaign toolkit here: https://goo.gl/tbkCWE
Learning objectives: On completion of all aspects of this learning programme you should be able to:
* Discuss how pharmacy teams can support other health professionals and patients to optimise patient outcomes in antibacterial therapy, while minimising harm
* Explain key messages to help educate patients regarding appropriate use of antibacterials
* Be aware of available resources to help promote and support wise use of antibacterials in practice
* Identify key personal learning objectives, with respect to antibacterials
* Support public awareness campaigns on avoiding the use of antibacterials
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE FOCAL POINT 1 BOOKLET AND FAMILIARISE YOURSELF WITH THE OTHER RESOURCES.
BEFORE THE EVENT PLEASE VIEW THE WEBEX INTRODUCTION PRESENTATION AT: http://www.cppe.ac.uk/webextraining/