Expanded NMS Service
The updated NMS Service Specification is now available including the following changes:
- Additional eligible conditions will be added to the service – see the Patients eligible for the service and the NMS medicines list section below for the details. The rationale for selection of the conditions mirrors that used in identifying the original four therapy areas/conditions: firstly, that there is evidence from research that adherence to medication in this condition could be improved and secondly that reviews of available research suggest these are areas where community pharmacists are best able to support improvements in patient understanding and adherence to treatments;
- The Directions now permit contractors who have received an exemption from the requirement to have a consultation room (due to their premises size) from their regional NHSE&I team to provide the service remotely or at the patient’s home. All other contractors providing the service can similarly continue to provide the service remotely, where appropriate, and in the patient’s home.
- The cap on the number of NMS which can be provided by contractors will be increased from 0.5 percent to one percent of monthly prescription volume and additional bandings included;
- The opportunity for the service to offered to support parents/guardians/carers of children and adults newly prescribed eligible medicines who could benefit from the service, but where the patient is not able to provide informed consent; and
- A catch-up NMS is being introduced for 2021/22 to provide support to patients who were prescribed a new medicine during the COVID-19 pandemic but who did not receive the NMS at that time. This catch-up NMS will also support patients identified through the Pharmacy Quality Scheme who have missed inhaler technique checks to optimise use of their inhaler.