RPS Climate Change Charter
The RPS has called on pharmacists to personally commit to improving sustainability as part of its climate change charter. Warning that climate change is the ‘most significant health threat modern society has ever faced’, it joined with Pharmacy Declares, a climate change campaigning organisation, to publish a charter asking signatories to sign up to the following five sustainability commitments:
- Understand how human health and the systems which underpin it are reliant on the state of our natural environment.
- Actively explore ways to make pharmacy practice and medicine use more sustainable.
- Collaborate and share best practice to improve sustainability in pharmacy and healthcare.
- Demonstrate leadership on sustainability or being a champion for sustainability at work.
- Assist patients to optimise their medicine use to increase both health outcomes and environmental sustainability.
It also calls on individuals to commit to a personal action on climate change of their own choosing.
To find out more and make your personal commitment click here.